After three successful editions, the Startup in Residence The Hague Demo Day took place on December 10th. The theme of Demo Day was Fast Forward to the Future. 🚀
Over the last four-months the 7 startups finalized the ‘in residence’ programme, and worked together with the municipality on their prototypes. At Demo Day the startups presented their innovative solutions for urban and social challenges of the municipality to the public:
1. The elderly are often isolated due to physical and mental reasons. To improve their living environment, the municipality looked for a solution and decided to collaborate with the startup Arylis via the SIR program. Arylis presented the Telephone circle – solution for combating loneliness among the elderly.
2. The second startup Coders Co. showed how they build artificial intelligence to read building plans and convert them into a digital model of the city. Their technology can help the municipality with measuring surfaces, which is now mainly done manually. With the technology of Coders Co. measurements will be much more accurate and it will save a lot of time.
3. Up next was Kroosbusters, they presented their DuckDuckWeed Defender to combat duckweed. This way, the municipality can ensure a healthier ecological climate for the ditches in the city. Less duckling provides more oxygen for plants and fish, less smelly water, and less visible litter.
4. The startup Devjo presented their solution to facilitate homeless people to build their own tiny houses and immediately build a resume, ensuring a sustainable outflow of homeless people.
5. When applying for a building permit, building plans are often submitted that differ from the real situation. RoundSense presented their technology with which a 3D model, floor plan and virtual tour withVR can be made of a building in just 1 click per room.
6. FWDpay presented their solution to be able to program money and thereby help adolescents with a mild intellectual disability with finances. The municipality can use this to optimize (and digitize) financial support.
7. Lastly, Workforcio performed a live demo of their platform with which they visualize tasks and activities for employees of the Haags Veegbedrijf. With their platform they provide a solution to improve sharing information between inside and outside services.
Demo Day took place in Apollo 14, the hub for impact startups in The Hague, located in the Binckhaven. The location was transformed into the theme that the name stands for! It was a great ending to a successful 4th edition of SIR The Hague.
Startup in Residence is a new way to connect the municipality of The Hague and startups. The program supports startups in co-creating and developing their prototypes with civil servants and exploring future business models together for challenges in the city. It is an initiative of ImpactCity, a program that builds an ecosystem and attractive business climate in The Hague for entrepreneurs working on innovations for a better world.