From 10-19 March 2017 The Hague is joining Amsterdam and Rotterdam to represent the Netherlands at the 31st edition of SXSW 2017 (South by Southwest) in Austin Texas, USA.
At SXSW 2017, the three Dutch cities will join in the New Dutch Wave (NDW), a meeting place consisting of a pavilion at the Interactive Expo (Trade Show) and a meetup house (NDW Dutch Takeover House) near the Austin Convention Center. All three cities will be bring a number of start-up companies. The Hague will be represented by ImpactCity including max. four startups from The Hague region.
Apply and join
The Hague is currently in the selection process for startup companies that want to fill these four spots. Interested start-ups can apply to join until February 7th. The focus in the selection procedure will be on the SXSW theme ‘Impact Economy’ – doing business & doing good.
The mission program at SXSW for startups will include matchmaking with local startups and investors, pitching opportunities, a tour of local incubator programs in Austin and plenty of opportunities for networking. Startup Envoy HRH Prince Constantijn will officially open the Dutch Takeover House on March 12.
SXSW is one of the main festivals and fairs in the world in the field of e-culture (interactive), film and music. It offers an interesting mix of large companies, startups and artistic productions. The festival has a strong focus on innovation and functions as an important networking platform for a variety of economic sectors.
How to apply
Interested in joining us in Austin Texas for SXSW 2017?
This is what we ask from you
– Contribution of $500 and pay for your own travel/ accommodation costs
– Actively represent The Hague and specifically the Impact Economy
This is what we offer
– One interactive pass ($1225 worth)
– Opportunity to pitch at the Trade Show at the New Dutch Wave booth as one of the selected Impact Startups from The Hague
– One VIP pass for the New Dutch Wave Take Over House
– Visible role during Impact Startup workshop in the New Dutch Wave Take over house
– Participate in the New Dutch Wave Pitch competition where Startups may present themselves in a Dragon’s Den setting
– Participate in a special tour with Constantijn van Oranje from StartupDelta to visit the Mayor of Austin, the CTO of the city, as well as local and international incubators
For more information or to register to join, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline is February 7th 2017 12.00 hrs