Startup in Residence The Hague
What is Startup in Residence?
Startup in Residence is a new way of connecting the City of The Hague and startups. Besides the ambition to stimulate collaboration, the programme aims to tackle urban challenges hat the city faces and develop innovative solutions. The Startup in Residence programme aims to invest in startups with the best innovative ideas to develop their prototypes. The City of The Hague can assist startups to finalize and perfect this solution. If the solutions are successful, the City of The Hague has the option to act as launching customer.
Why join the program?
The Startup in Residence programme offers you the opportunity to work together with governments and test your ideas in the city. During the 4 month programme, you receive training, and the opportunity to book a range of workshops with professional mentors. You will also have access to the municipality’s network, corporate partners and events and get a workspace at impact startup building Apollo 14 during the programme.
The fourth edition of Startup in Residence has started! These are the challenges of Startup in Residence The Hague 2019:
- Optimize financial support for adolescents with MID. How do we optimize (and digitalize) the financial support for adolescents with mild intellectual disabilities?
- The Duckweed solution. How can we limit the growth of duckweeds and maybe even deploy the weeds for something useful?
3D scans for building plans. When applying for a building permit, the submitted building plans often differ from the real situation. How can 3D scans offer a solution?
- From PDF to Vector. Develop an efficient tool to transfer data about buildings in apartment drawings and building plans into an object-oriented geo database.
- Expand the world of elderly. How do you enrich the lives and environment of elderly with digital tools that can be used independently of language and (digital) skills?
- Give homeless a home. How can we ensure that homeless citizens get a stable (semi-independent) home? And are there opportunities for them to take an active role in their solution?
- Digitize data flow employees on the street. Develop new technologies to share data between the office and outdoor department of the City, and if possible, to simplify complex tasks and optimize data-related processes for employees.
Do you have a good, innovative idea for a startup but do you need an extra push? Do you want to start a business but do you still lack the financial means and knowledge? Can you use expert training and expert guidance? Does your company need good publicity and a strong network?
Stay tuned, new challenges will launch later this year!
“Since my startup has direct social impact, a program set up by the municipality, such as Startup in Residence, is an ideal platform for me.”
– The Next Green Thing, founder Sharat Sreekantan
“I believe the most valuable part of the Startup in Residence The Hague program is the vast amount of knowledge, experience and network connections that will be made available.”
– Driven to Impact, founder Dennis Roopram