The Hague Innovators Challenge
The Hague Innovator Challenge 2021
DO YOU HAVE AN INNOVATIVE IDEA THAT SOLVES A GLOBAL CHALLENGE? JOIN THE HAGUE INNOVATORS CHALLENGE AND GET THE CHANCE TO WIN A PRIZE BETWEEN € 5.000 TO € 25.000.
The world is becoming more complex and societal issues are increasing on a global scale. At the same time, issues such as safety, energy, climate, and food have a huge impact on the lives of people living in cities.
With the The Hague Innovators Challenge, the municipality of The Hague challenges startups, scale-ups and students to present their innovative ideas for global issues, as described in the UN Sustainable Development Goals
Who can apply?
Startups and students from The Hague region. Are you not yet based in The Hague? Then we need a declaration of intent, which shows that you will settle in The Hague if you win a prize.
- Pre-startups: You have an innovative idea or company in the starting phase that contributes to a better world. Your company has not existed for more than one year.
- Startups: You have an innovative company that contributes to a better world. Your company has existed for a minimum of one year and a maximum of five years.
Conditions of participation:
- Chamber of Commerce number with the location in The Hague or the intention to move to The Hague.
- The project will be implemented in The Hague in 2021.
- It is an advantage if the project is carried out with at least 1 company, knowledge institution or (NGO / UN) organization, located in The Hague.
What can you win?
- The Audience prize of € 5.000,
- the Pre-startup prize of € 10.000
- or the Startup-up prize of € 25.000.
- 11 January 2021 – 23 February 2021: Registration open
Describe your idea, company, concept or technique in the registration form. Convince us that your plan is innovative and contributes to a better world. Based on the action plan, we choose 4 nominees per category
- 16 March 2021: Announcement of the nominees
- 17 March 2021- May 2021: Substantive program for the nominees
The nominees receive a substantive program aimed at further development and the growth of the plan or organization. At the end of the substantive program, all nominees submit a definitive action plan and this is pitched to a professional jury. The jury chooses one winner per category.
- May 2021: Announcement of the winners
Ideas can be submitted until 23 february 2021. Apply now by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and company name.
The nominees of 2020
During The Hague Innovators Challenge 2019, 3 startups, 3 pre-startups and 3 students were nominated. Watch the movie with a short compilation of their ideas and pitches
The best ideas had the chance to win cash prizes with which they could finance their first pilot or prototype.
With The Hague Innovators Challenge, the municipality of The Hague challenges startups, scale-ups and students […]
The 9 nominees of The Hague Innovators Challenge 2020 have been carefully selected by our […]
The winners of The Hague Innovators