What and for whom?
Wanted innovative ideas for a better world.
The world is becoming more complex and societal issues are increasing on a global scale. At the same time, issues such as safety, energy, climate, and food have a huge impact on the lives of people living in cities.
With the The Hague Innovators Challenge, the municipality of The Hague challenges startups, scale-ups and students to present their innovative ideas for global issues, as described in the UN Sustainable Development Goals
(SDGs). The best ideas can win prizes from € 10.000 to € 25.000.
Deadline 17th of October 2019.
Who can participate?
Companies and organizations from The Hague. Are you not yet established in The Hague? Then we need a declaration of intent stating that you will settle in The Hague if you win a prize. Students are also very welcome to participate. Then you can compete for the student prize. We challenge all participants to enter into and demonstrate collaborations with other sectors or professionals in The Hague.
you are a company registered with the Chamber of Commerce in The Hague, or will be soon. Your idea is in the starting phase.This way we want to give early ideas a chance.
Prize: max €15K
you are registered in The Hague. You have an innovative solution that contributes to a better world and an detailed business plan.
Prize: max €25K
you are a student at an educational institution in The Hague and have an innovative idea. The development of your idea is in an early or more elaborated phase.
Prize: max €10K
PHASE 1 (2 Sept to 17 Oct 12:00 am CET)
- You participate by describing your idea on a maximum of 3 A4. It is mandatory to use the concept of The Hague Innovators 2020 format for this. You will receive this format after registration.
- A selection committee assesses the submitted ideas on the basis of, for example, the selection criteria and selects 9 nominees: 3 startups, 3 scale-ups and 3 students. There will be no correspondence about the selection.
- The selection committee assesses the submitted ideas in the period from 18 to 21 October. The nominees for phase 2 will be announced on 5 November.
PHASE 2 (Nov 6, 2019 to Jan 21, 2020)
- The 9 nominees will receive an instruction document for participation in phase 2 of the challenge.
- The final jury assesses the submitted action plans based on, for example, the selection criteria and choose 3 winners: one from each category. A separate cash prize is available for each category. There is also a prize available for the participant with the most votes
of the public. These votes are recruited via social media.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You are registered with the Chamber of Commerce (KvK) in The Hague or agree in writing to register if you win.
- You are a student who studies at an educational institution in The Hague
- If you win, the implementation of your plan will take place in 2020 in The Hague.
There are four prizes:
€ 10,000 student prize
€ 15,000 startup price
€ 25,000 scale-up price
€ 2,500 audience prize
The winners will be announced during the Big Improvement Day on January 21, 2020.
Exclusion from participation?
The municipality of The Hague reserves the right to exclude a participant from participation, without stating reasons, in particular if the conditions are not met.
The General Purchase Conditions of the municipality of The Hague apply to the execution of this assignment.
Your general and / or delivery conditions are hereby explicitly rejected. You can ask questions about the purchasing conditions during the question round and send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All personal data obtained in the context of the actions of participants,
are treated in strict confidence and in accordance with the applicable privacy legislation.
The official announcement of the nine selected nominees will take place
during the Big Improvement Day on January 21, 2020. An overview of all nominees will be published on the ImpactCity website.
The Hague Innovators blog
Ultimately, the Hague Innovators in the city must contribute to the realization of spin-offs in The Hague and preferably at international level. This requires that existing initiatives are and remain visible. To pay extra attention to this, the winners are asked to submit a blog every quarter, which will be edited and published by the editors of impactcity.nl.