Exciting times are coming for 9 starting entrepreneurs! Last Friday 9 submissions were nominated by the jury of the Hague Innovators Challenge to participate in the next phase. It was quite a difficult choice because of the many great entries. May the best teams win!
Nominations in the category ‘Startups’
- Woodys Housing: a housing solution based on a patented wooden building construction system combined with a scala of sustainable, technical, social and financial innovations.
- Elinespreekt: is an iPad app that helps people with disabilities to communicate easily.
- CricketOne: with ‘Classic Protein for the modern world’. At CricketOne, we produce the most sustainable and affordable alternative protein from crickets.
The price for the winning team in this category is € 25,000.
Nominations in de category ‘Pre-Startups’
- Wajenzi: a crowdfunding platform that enables investments in small and medium-sized companies in Africa.
- DeciBrace: a bracelet that measures the noise level in the environment and gives a warning when the noise level is too high. This prevents hearing damage.
- Precious Plastic Den Haag: a local, multidisciplinary team creating design products from waste plastics.
The price for the winning team in this category is € 15.000 euro.
Nominations in the category ‘Students’
- Sustain-A-Blade: sustainable handling of razor blades.
- Tensail: we’ve developed a tensile structure construction method superior to anything on the market.
- Apprentify: ever wondered if it would be cool to learn new manual skills, while also getting paid for it? With Apprentify, you can achieve your goals!
The price for the winning team in this category is € 10.000 euro.
On to the finals!
In the coming weeks, the nominees will continue to present themselves through films, blog, and social media. They will also receive 3 workshops in the month of November. In the last week of November, a short film will be made of each startup that will be broadcasted at OmroepWest. The nominees can also use this film promote themselves on social media. All nominees can submit their plan of action no later than 3 January and this plan will be assessed by the final jury.
On 15 January, the winners will be announced during Big Improvement Day at the Circustheater in The Hague.